Groundbreaking IIoT Products
FogHorn brings a groundbreaking dimension to the industrial Internet of things by embedding built-in edge intelligence and fog computing directly into small footprint edge devices. The software’s extremely low overhead allows it to be embedded into a broad range of edge devices and highly-constrained environments.
Available in Standard and Micro editions, FogHorn Lightning™ software for IIoT enables high performance edge processing, optimized analytics, and heterogeneous applications to be hosted as close as possible to the control systems and physical sensor infrastructure that pervade the industrial world. Maintaining close proximity to the edge devices rather than sending all data to a distant centralized cloud, minimizes latency allowing for maximum performance, faster response times, and more effective maintenance and operational strategies. It also significantly reduces overall bandwidth requirements and the cost of managing widely distributed networks.
Lightning™ Micro Edition
Lightning Micro is embeddable software with a very small memory footprint (less than 256 MB) required for data processing and real-time analytics at the edge. Features include:
- High-speed data ingestion via OPC-UA, MQTT, Modbus and other protocols
- Data transformation and enrichment
- VEL, a real-time streaming analytic engine with an easy-to-use expression language and hundreds of built-in functions
- Low footprint Edge Application development using our C++ SDK
Lightning™ Standard Edition
The Lightning Standard Edition includes all of the features of Lightning Micro edition with additional support for advanced analytics, and edge applications in different languages. These additional features include:
- Built-in time series database for historical analysis
- Dashboard visualizer for real-time insights and a machine learning sandbox with commonly used algorithms
- Edge Application Development SDK in multiple languages (Java, Python, C++)
- Data publication to external/cloud based data stores such as Apache Hadoop, Kafka, Microsoft Azure, Cloud Foundry RIAK, etc.
The software installation can be managed remotely from a central management console for both these versions of the software with the following capabilities.
- Management console scaling to thousands of edge deployments
- Ability for users to add, manage, and monitor all connected devices and sensors from a single pane of glass
- Application deployment and monitoring
- VEL Analytic expression authoring and deployment
- Simplified edge configurations for easily repeatable deployments.